School of Middle Eastern and North African Studies
University of Arizona
Marshall Building Rm 440 | PO BOX 210158B
Tucson AZ 85721-0158
Contact: Graduate Program Coordinator (520) 626-8731
Graduate Program Admissions Requirements (US Citizen or Resident Alien)
Application Deadline Fall: January 7th, 2017
*Applications must be paid for and submitted by the close of business on January 7th.
NOTE: Graduate applications can now be done entirely online
All documents, including the following may be uploaded:
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- 3 Letters of recommendation from academic references preferable. Note: recommenders will be required to upload their letters through the graduate college website. Instructions on how this works are provided within the online application process- we do not have a recommendation form.
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Writing Sample (term paper, chapter of thesis, etc.)
- GPA 3.0 on undergraduate or M.A. degree (cumulative GPA or last 60 semester units if your undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.0 cumulative; graduate GPA will be taken cumulative only)
- GRE – UA code is 4832. Use school code 2201 (area studies), or 2299 (social sciences, other) This is required for both domestic and international students.
- While the department does not require a TOEFL score, the University of Arizona graduate college does. Their requirements for international students may be found here: http://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/requirements/international-applicants
Other Graduate College Information/Requirements
Phone: (520) 621-3471 | Email Graduate College Questions: OnlineAppHelp@grad.arizona.edu
- Graduate College Online Application Submission
- $85 Application Fee Due at time of Submission
- Domicile Affidavit
- Financial Guarantee