Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our office in 440 Marshall Building is closed to the public, but you can reach the School of Middle Eastern & North African Studies, Monday–Friday 8am-5pm:
- Director: Ben Fortna email@example.com 520-873-7008
- Program Coordinator: Sergio Cañez firstname.lastname@example.org 520-260-0837
- Administrative Assistant: Randa Abdu email@example.com 520-561-2098
About the Program
The M.A. program in Middle Eastern and North African Studies at the University of Arizona offers a rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum that allows you to engage in a critical examination of contemporary ideas and methodologies in the field of Middle Eastern Studies.
Areas of Study
M.A. students choose from seven basic concentrations:
- Middle Eastern Literatures (Arabic, Persian, Turkish)
- Islamic Studies
- Gender and Society in the Middle East
- Linguistics of Middle Eastern Languages
- History of the Middle East
- Middle East Conflict Studies
- Topics in Middle Eastern Studies (this option allows you to create a self-designed concentration with the approval of the Director of Graduate Studies)
Our graduates go on to positions in government, NGOs, academia, journalism, military, business and teaching.