About the Program
The M.A. program in Middle Eastern and North African Studies at the University of Arizona offers a rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum that allows you to engage in a critical examination of contemporary ideas and methodologies in the field of Middle Eastern Studies.
Areas of Study
M.A. students choose from seven basic concentrations:
- Middle Eastern Literatures (Arabic, Persian, Turkish)
- Islamic Studies
- Gender and Society in the Middle East
- Linguistics of Middle Eastern Languages
- History of the Middle East
- Middle East Conflict Studies
- Topics in Middle Eastern Studies (this option allows you to create a self-designed concentration with the approval of the Director of Graduate Studies)
Our graduates go on to positions in government, NGOs, academia, journalism, military, business and teaching.