Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our office in 440 Marshall Building is closed to the public, but you can reach the School of Middle Eastern & North African Studies, Monday–Friday 8am-5pm:
- Director: Ben Fortna firstname.lastname@example.org 520-873-7008
- Program Coordinator: Sergio Cañez email@example.com 520-260-0837
- Administrative Assistant: Randa Abdu firstname.lastname@example.org 520-561-2098
We offer one of the top Arabic programs in the U.S., offering instruction in the Arabic language (MSA and dialects), Arabic linguistics, literature, culture, and society.
Arabic Language Study
We house numerous Arabic language programs both at the University of Arizona and abroad:
- Arabic Conversation Circles – Practice your Arabic in a fun and conversational setting
- Summer Immersive Program – Rigorous, immersive program open high school students and grad students.
- Project Global Officer – provides Arabic language and culture training to ROTC students
- Jumpstart – Funded summer Arabic for high school students
- Center for Arabic Study Abroad – Advanced level Arabic study in Cairo and Amman
- Arabic Flagship Program – Program for UArizona students combining domestic and overseas study
- Arizona in Jordan Study Abroad – Eight-week summer program based in the Jordanian capital of Amman
Arabic Credit by Exam
You can get credit by exam or test out of your requirements for second language proficiency. Learn more about Arabic testing for proficiency or credit.
If you would like your transfer credits from another institution to be evaluated for UA Arabic equivalency, please send your request, along with the syllabi for the transfer courses to Abdessamad M'Barki: email@example.com
Arabic Faculty & Staff
Mohamed Ansary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahmad Ismail: email@example.com
- Abdessalem Choura: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elsayed Issa: email@example.com