Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our office in 440 Marshall Building is closed to the public, but you can reach the School of Middle Eastern & North African Studies, Monday–Friday 8am-5pm:
- Director: Ben Fortna email@example.com 520-873-7008
- Program Coordinator: Sergio Cañez firstname.lastname@example.org 520-260-0837
- Administrative Assistant: Randa Abdu email@example.com 520-561-2098
We offer numerous opportunities for students wishing to pursue Turkish Studies, including Turkish language, culture, society, history, and gender.
Turkish Language Study
Turkish Language Courses
Students may enroll for Turkish language courses, as well as other courses focusing on Turkey and the Middle East (see courses)
- TURK 101/102: Elementary Turkish
- TURK 401/402: Intermediate Turkish
- TURK 403/404/503/504: Advanced Turkish
- TURK 407/408/507/508: 4th Year Turkish
In addition, Ottoman Turkish is offered from time to time under TURK 410/510, 411/511. Contact Linda Darling for questions regarding testing and/or placement.
Students pursuing a B.A. in Middle Eastern and North African Studies can choose Turkish as their language track. We also offer a minor in Turkish Studies.
MENAS and affiliated faculty take an interdisciplinary approach to Turkish studies through our M.A. and Ph.D. programs in Middle Eastern and North African Studies.
Arizona in Turkey
Study abroad in Istanbul, Turkey. This 8-week summer program offers Turkish language courses, including intermediate and advanced Turkish. Learn more about Arizona in Turkey.