About the Program
The School of Middle Eastern and North African Studies Arabic summer program at the University of Arizona is a rigorous, immersive program that adopts a proficiency-based approach and emphasizes cultural literacy and the use of technology.
The program is open to:
- University of Arizona students (graduate and undergraduate)
- Scholarship students that require a minimum of 120 hours of instruction
- Non-University of Arizona students (non-degree seeking)
- High school students (Jumpstart Program)
All students with prior Arabic will take a proficiency assessment test to determine the level at which you will be placed.
Summer Course Offerings
All classes are approximately 4 hours per day, 5 days a week for 5 weeks.
- ARB 101: Elementary Arabic I
- ARB 102: Elementary Arabic II
- ARB 401: Intermediate Arabic I
- ARB 402: Elementary Arabic II
- ARB 405: Advanced Arabic I
- ARB 406: Advanced Arabic II
Tuition and Costs
Please consult the University of Arizona's tuition and fees calculator.
How to Enroll
University of Arizona students:
Please enroll through UAccess.
Non-University of Arizona students:
Find information here.
High School Students:
Apply to the Arabic Jumpstart Program.