Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our office in 440 Marshall Building is closed to the public, but you can reach the School of Middle Eastern & North African Studies, Monday–Friday 8am-5pm:
- Director: Ben Fortna email@example.com 520-873-7008
- Program Coordinator: Sergio Cañez firstname.lastname@example.org 520-260-0837
- Administrative Assistant: Randa Abdu email@example.com 520-561-2098
Double Major MENAS/Arabic
Become proficient in Arabic while also gaining cultural competency and deeper knowledge of Middle Eastern & North African Studies. Double majoring in Arabic and MENAS can open career options in government and intelligence fields, international business, and non-profits, as well as graduate programs.
You can easily complete both the Arabic and Middle Eastern and North African Studies majors in the same time it would take to complete one major.
Students pursuing a double major in MENAS and Arabic can double-dip 9 units of coursework between the two majors:
- MENA 330: Languages and Societies of the Middle East counts toward the Required Courses in Arabic requirement in the Arabic major and the Elective requirement in the MENAS major. (3 units)
- MENA 334: Islamic Thought counts toward the Arabic Elective in English requirement and the MENAS Intro Courses Requirement. (3 units)
- One Upper-division MENA course will count toward the remaining Arabic Elective in English requirement and also with the MENAS Writing Emphasis or Additional Courses Requirement (3 units). You can choose from this list of courses for this requirement: