Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our office in 440 Marshall Building is closed to the public, but you can reach the School of Middle Eastern & North African Studies, Monday–Friday 8am-5pm:
- Director: Ben Fortna email@example.com 520-873-7008
- Program Coordinator: Sergio Cañez firstname.lastname@example.org 520-260-0837
- Administrative Assistant: Randa Abdu email@example.com 520-561-2098
Academic Year Project GO
Project GO (Project Global Officer) at University of Arizona provides ROTC students with enhanced training in Arabic language and Middle Eastern culture, designed to enable the University of Arizona's ROTC officer candidates to enter the U.S. military with invaluable linguistic and cultural knowledge.
Academic Year at a Glance
- Free individual and small group tutoring
- One-on-one interaction with Arabic speaking peer language partner
- Vibrant and engaging cultural activities throughout the semester
- Arabic language film screenings and lectures
Academic year participation will make University of Arizona ROTC students highly competitive for funding for summer immersion programs, which are open to ROTC students nationwide. There are 9 funded scholarships for the Summer in Morocco program, and 6 funded scholarships for the on-campus Arabic program in Tucson, AZ.