MENAS Accelerated Masters Program (AMP)
Students admitted into the MENAS AMP will be able to complete a BA and MA (Professional Track) in five years. Students in the Accelerated Masters Program will be required to complete 33 units of coursework, 12 of which may also be applied to a BA in MENAS.
AMP requirements include:
- By April 1st of junior year: Apply for the MENAS AMP. In order to apply, students must:
- Meet the Admission Requirements established by the Graduate College.
- Submit a transcript, writing sample, statement of purpose, and one letter of recommendation from a core MENAS faculty member.
- Students meeting these requirements will receive conditional admission into the AMP.
- Fall semester of senior year: take MENA 595D and one 500-level MENAS Core Requirement course. (Students admitted into the AMP are not required to take the GRE.)
- End of fall semester of senior year: be evaluated by MENAS Graduate Committee for final admission into AMP.
- Spring semester of senior year: take two 500-level MENAS Core Requirement courses.
- By end of spring semester of senior year: Assemble departmental paper committee.
Fifth year AMP requirements include:
- MENA 595D and the three MENAS Core Requirement courses (in History, Islamic Studies, and Gender/Culture).
- 21 units to complete during 5th year, including the units for concentration and departmental paper
- The graduate committee recommends that students take 12 units during their fall semester and 9 units during their spring semester.
Contact MENAS Program Coordinator, Sergio Canez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.